Re: [Gimp-gui] Tool Options - proposal to new ordering of features

On 08/11/15 19:01, Jehan wrote:

I wonder how much of this really stems from the crowded Tool options
dialog, which make all of  us want our favorite settings in the top
third/quarter. When these settings show up on the canvas, space will
no longer be a problem.

Is there a proposition here? I know there have been a few propositions of options on the canvas (wheel menu, or other special kind of menus appearing in some ways), and these are interesting. Is it something of the sort or different you are refering to?

The idea to put Tools options on the canvas has been floating around for a while on the developer's list. Putting a semi-transparent dialog over the Image would not be very obtrusive. And this could apply to other docked dialogs as well.

http://imgur.com/dBAEK6Q