Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gimp-web] Alexandre Prokoudine attacks on GIMP critics around the Web

On 1/8/19 7:23 PM, Ryan Stark via gimp-developer-list wrote:
A sign of the problems is that on Linux we have Krita
and Mypaint. If Gimp's tools had been better for painting and manipulating
things on the canvas we would not have needed those apps.

Now, that's a weird argument. Linux has always been about choices:

 * Half a dozen major distros (not counting the server-centered ones),
   and scores of variants
 * Half a dozen desktop managers
 * Many editors
 * Many IDEs