Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP 2.10.x AppImage packages

Hi!

On 10 Sep 2018, at 18:28, Ell <ell_se yahoo com> wrote:

A note to the developers: the current 2.10.x branch requires a quite
recent version of Glib, but only due to the use of a single function
in app/gui/splash.c, and only for diagnostics purposes. To circumvent
the problem and be able to use the older Glib version available on
CentOS 7, I am applying the following patch:
https://github.com/aferrero2707/gimp-appimage/blob/master/gimp-glib-splash.patch
<https://github.com/aferrero2707/gimp-appimage/blob/master/gimp-glib-splash.patch>
Is that OK?

This has already been fixed in the gimp-2-10 branch (master requires a
newer GLib version).  See commit
499a8962b326823bdf12936960798f802c79f283.

Excellent! The new Glib requirement is one of the reasons preventing me to provide an AppImage for the master
branch… I need to go through the compilation of Glib from sources, and see if there are no showstoppers on
CentOS 7.

--
Ell