Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP branched: new stable branch gimp-2-10

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 5:33 PM, Elle Stone <ellestone ninedegreesbelow com>
wrote:

On 05/22/2018 11:09 AM, Jehan Pagès wrote:

Gtk4 doesn't have a Mac backend AFAIK and I'm not sure it's widely tested

on Windows

Hmm, this page seems to indicate GTK+4 does/will have support for MacOs:
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=GTK-3.91-Released

quoting: "GTK+ 3.91 brings initial Meson build system support, GTK4 native
support for macOS, and nearly two dozen bug fixes."

Maybe. As I said, I was only extrapolating from a single discussion on some
"social network".
In any case, the macOS backend may be there, but in a poor state
apparently, since I believe that a discussion between several contributors
of GTK+ (one of them being still a very regular contributor, and another
being the maintainer!) is definitely more trustworthy than whatever press.
:-)

Yet once again, do not take my word for it.

Jehan

Best,
Elle