Re: [Gimp-developer] Plugins on GIMP 2.10

On Thu, 2018-05-03 at 07:02 +0200, Gimp-Werkstatt wrote:
Hello everybody,

first of all I want to thank you for the great work you've done on
the
new GIMP it has become a great tool to play with and has a lot of
new
items to discover.

Yesterday I was playing around with it a little, to get to know the
new
tools a little. And I was trying to install some of my scrips and
plugins. I'm afraid, they don't work. Will they have to be rewritten
completely because of the great new features you've put in, or would
it
be a matter of fixing some strings in GIMP?

Hi Anke,

what exactly is "they don't work"? Any error message? What exactly
did you do to install the stuff?

Everything that doesn't work under 2.10 that worked under 2.8
would be a bug in GIMP, unless the plug-ins are somehow wrongly
built, or are doing something that was actually forbidden even
before (2.10 does some stricter error checking).

Regards,
Mitch