Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP 2.10 Unable to read tile data from swap

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 2:18 PM, Øyvind Kolås <pippin gimp org> wrote:

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 4:36 PM, Partha Bagchi <partha1b gmail com> wrote:
My GEGL compilation of simply what environment variables? I only have one
GEGL variable active now: gpu usage.

GPU usage meaning OpenCL?

I was using the following:
      GEGL_USE_OPENCL=gpu;
Is that what you mean?

GEGL has stopped enabling opencl by defult now, since GEGL-0.3.24 of
2017-11-24 it no longer being enabled by default since it relies on
good results from the varying quality different opencl
implementations,.. may also have generic race conditions resulting
from new code not manifest during regular testing either, so trying
without OpenCL enabled.

/pippin

I removed the above environment variable but no change with my 36MP image.
The moment I put the brush on the screen, I get the error messages above.

Then I experimented with some more pictures and it seems to be related to
the size of the image.

I open a 1 megabyte (MB), and 4MB image and no error. Then I open a 74MB
image without error. But when I opened an 300 MB Tiff, I started getting
the error.

I repeated the experiment with GEGL_CACHE_SIZE = 2048 with the same result.

For all all images, I first fit to window > duplicate layer > paint on
duplicate layer.

Thanks,
Partha