Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP 2.10 Unable to read tile data from swap

On Wed, May 2, 2018 at 2:47 AM, Ell <ell_se yahoo com> wrote:

On Tue, 1 May 2018 16:17:12 -0400
Partha Bagchi <partha1b gmail com> wrote:

GIMP 2.10, Windows 64-bit

I seem to be getting the following errors when using some brushes:

"Unable to read tile data from swap: No such file or directory (0/xxx
bytes read) --"

twice, followed by

"Unable to read tile data from swap: No error (0/xxx bytes read) --"

etc. followed by
"Too many error messages!"
"Messages are redirected to stderr."

Any ideas on what is going wrong here for me?

Thanks,
Partha

PS: I was not getting these swap errors for sometime now and suddenly
in the final release, they are back again.

How long ago did it start?  Does disabling the separate paint thread
fixes this?  It can be disabled by setting the GIMP_NO_PAINT_THREAD
environment variable.

--
Ell

Thanks for responding Ell!

It started again after the final release. It was not there in RC1.  I
didn't know about the env. variable. I'll check it out and let you know.

This may be a affect of the transition from gegl 0.3 to 0.4?

In the past, it was related to complicated images with high resolution and
usually setting GEGL_CACHE_SIZE to 2048 or thereabouts fixed it. Now, it
does not.

Partha