Re: [Gimp-developer] Participation at Apple Developer Program


On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 9:21 AM, Kristian Rietveld <kris loopnest org>

On 27 Mar 2018, at 03:25, Jehan Pagès <jehan marmottard gmail com>

But right now, we are discussing paying to distribute a version of GIMP
which is barely kept alive. This is a bit doing things in the wrong order

In fact, I think this is the main point. Even in the case we do decide to
pay for an account, we need to incorporate this into our build system. And
I consider it more important to first get regular 2.10 builds off the
ground than to produce signed binaries.

[I am near having a script that completely automates the build and DMG
creation. I wanted to have 2.10 DMGs available already, but unfortunately
due to some family related events early this year I had to stall his work
for a while. It is my intention to pick it up again now].

I just wanted to add that Kris is the person who makes things happen in
GIMP for macOS. As far as I am concerned, as said earlier, he is therefore
the one who should call the shots regarding such macOS build questions,
rather than a vote (unless he wants to decide through a vote himself)
because in the end, he is the one who has to make the grunt work here (as a
volunteer, I remind).


I voted “I don’t care”, because manually enabling the binary is in my
opinion a minor nuisance to some of the other issues that need fixing. Also
I don’t need this feature myself, but if the community wants to see this
fixed I can look into it.



ZeMarmot open animation film

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]