Re: [Gimp-developer] Participation at Apple Developer Program

On 27 Mar 2018, at 03:25, Jehan Pagès <jehan marmottard gmail com> wrote:

But right now, we are discussing paying to distribute a version of GIMP
which is barely kept alive. This is a bit doing things in the wrong order

In fact, I think this is the main point. Even in the case we do decide to pay for an account, we need to 
incorporate this into our build system. And I consider it more important to first get regular 2.10 builds off 
the ground than to produce signed binaries.

[I am near having a script that completely automates the build and DMG creation. I wanted to have 2.10 DMGs 
available already, but unfortunately due to some family related events early this year I had to stall his 
work for a while. It is my intention to pick it up again now].

I voted “I don’t care”, because manually enabling the binary is in my opinion a minor nuisance to some of the 
other issues that need fixing. Also I don’t need this feature myself, but if the community wants to see this 
fixed I can look into it.



[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]