Re: [Gimp-developer] Compiling GIMP-2.9 with the new mypaint requirements

On 01/02/2018 07:38 AM, Elle Stone wrote:
When configuring GIMP-2.9, it doesn't find the mypaint brushes.

Tobias Ellinghaus writes:
You probably have to add

/home/elle/code-install/gimpdefault/install/share/pkgconfig/

I hit a bunch of snags trying to follow this, getting the right
branch and not knowing that libmypaint's autogen doesn't run
configure automatically.. Here's what worked for me on Debian:

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$PREFIX/share/pkgconfig/

git clone https://github.com/Jehan/mypaint-brushes.git
cd mypaint-brushes
git checkout --track -b v1.3.x origin/v1.3.x
./autogen.sh --prefix=$PREFIX
    (probably didn't need the --prefix for that)
./configure --prefix=$PREFIX
make
make install

then proceed with the usual GIMP build.

Except that I also discovered that GIMP's configure is giving a
warning now about Debian's default gcc, 7.2.0. I had gcc-6 installed
already, but configure doesn't find it automatically. Here's the
solution to that:

export CC=/usr/bin/gcc-6

and make clean in gegl and babl if they've previously been built
with the default compiler.

        ...Akkana