Re: [Gimp-developer] Colored Quick mask also to Grayscaled images

I am pretty sure that this is not "a workaround".  The surface of the image when moded GRAY only has access to the gray colors.  So that gray that quickmask adopts is the red that is set in the preferences.
Oh, I understand. I supposed that... but I'm not a developer, so I didn't know how exactly it works.
If you are just making a selection, converting to RGB does nothing to the original colors.  After the selection is made, set it back to GRAY and everything is fine.
When I make a selection... I make lots of selections, not just one. And yes, the solution would be to work in RGB the whole session.
Thanks.