Re: [Gimp-developer] Colored Quick mask also to Grayscaled images

On 11/11/17, Carol Spears <carol spears gmail com> wrote:
On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 10:20 PM, Laxminarayan Kamath <kamathln gmail com>
wrote:

You can change the color, via Preferences.

Oh, That is nice.

Don't you think that the fluid change that you are describing would be
distracting?

Depends on the speed of the color cycling. I tried to think in terms
of marching ants.

    Now that I think of it, a much better idea would be to have a
hotkey that cycles between a bunch of chosen or random colors. Or a
simple algorithm that decides which color is best suited for the
current area under the cursor.

The problem I am trying to solve is, if the color of the mask is close
to the color of the section of the image we want to edit, it is going
to be difficult to distinguish between the mask and the image pixels.
It is important to have a hotkey for this because if we are editing
the mask for a multi color image (which is generally the case) , we
would want to change the mask color without moving the pointing
device.

Additionally, a hotkey like the spacebar-move that hides the mask when
the key is down would be helpful too.

--
Laxminarayan Kamath Ammembal
http://lankerisms.blogspot.com