Re: [Gimp-developer] Please migrate to GitHub/CMake

In my experience "ain't broke" is a standard mantra of organizations
stuck in the past.

It's a tent-pole phrase that does not explain anything, and justifies
whatever practices you want it to justify.

I say waiting 3 weeks for build under some platform is broken as hell,
given you shoot for mutiplatform-ity.

@Alexandre - what exactly is your point here? I did not build Gimp
from source, ever.

I'm confident there is nothing in your Makefiles that is beyond human
understanding.

 Again, since you said explicitly you are not making infra decisions,
can I talk to the one/s who do?

For sake of absolutely sane and productive discussion. If you want of course.

@ All, since we are having this conversation, one thing I always wanted to ask.
Why do you spend your time on filters. I mean, you as a team spend
month(at least this is my impression from backlogs) on fixing, porting
them, etc, etc.
I can't recall I time I've ever used anything except Sharpen/Blur.

I mean, why carry the load of all the "Van Gogh"s and "Ripple"s ( no
offence to their authors) if you can't release a minor version faster
that once a half a year \ major things like transform tool get fixed
very slowly? IMHO you are painting the car that loses it's wheels
every now and then.