Re: [Gimp-developer] Layer modes: Add vivid light blend mode?

On 01/23/2017 06:58 AM, Laxminarayan Kamath wrote:
Hi all!

While you guys are at it, I encourage you to try out this formula:

E = (2 * I ) - M

Note that the recent work in master removed the channel-value clamping
that used to happen during blending (yay! :), and since each layer
appears only once in this formula, you can implement this mode using the
existing ones, with the help of some ancillary layers, but without
having to duplicate the "content" layers (I and M).

--
Ell