Re: [Gimp-developer] New Image/Color Management option

On Sat, Jun 4, 2016 at 6:24 PM, Gez wrote:

Do you think that my e-mail didn't provide any useful insights?

It had zero technical information, only a rant. Why don't _you_ re-read it?

People who work on themes and icons are not the same people who work
on e.g. color management. C'mon, Gez, you've been around for long
enough to know that.

Sure, but that's not the point.

No, it _is_ the point. There a ca. 1K people subscribed to this list,
and very few of them are actual contributors. I suspect most of them
are just genuinely interested in what's going on and provide their
input when they feel it's necessary. Sure, you can judge the whole
community by that, but how sensible of an idea that would be is
anyone's guess.

I'm not charging against the guys who
made the themes. I'm questioning that the development community seems
to pay more attention to those secondary things rather than focusing on
the real shit.

Like I said, you well aware of the fact that most discussions take place on IRC.

Alex