Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP 2.9.x AppImage for testing

Hi everybody!

I have a new update of the GIMP+gmic+PhF appimage package ready for testing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xndf7zlhpjbicdr/gimp-2.9.5-20160826.glibc2.15-x86_64.AppImage?dl=0

This new version comes with an improved desktop integration, which seems to work quite well.

When enabled, the desktop integration will

* put an entry in the applications menu, called "GIMP AppImage"
* add an entry in the "Open with..." context menu of most common file managers
* let you select the appimage as the default program associated to image files

To test this new functionality, you need to:

* get the latest version from here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xndf7zlhpjbicdr/gimp-2.9.5-20160826.glibc2.15-x86_64.AppImage?dl=0
* make the file executable with "chmod a+x"and run it, either from the terminal or by double-clicking on it
from your file manager
* upon the first execution,choose "Yes" when asked if you want to install a .desktop file for the application

New versions of the appimage will automatically detect the presence of an old .desktop file and they will
prompt you for installing a new one when needed.

The only issue I've encountered so far is that when running the appimage from the applications menu, GIMP
complains with this error message: "Opening '/tmp/.mount_2CANTA/usr/%U' failed: Error opening file: No such
file or directory". It is harmless but a bit annoying, and I have no idea how to get rid of it...

I’ll appreciate any feedback.