Re: [Gimp-developer] Cubic Interpolation vs No Halo

On Fri, 2016-04-29 at 00:59 +0200, Nicolas Robidoux wrote:
Liam:

Do you ever find LoHalo (snail crawling notwithstanding) worthwhile?

Yes, but because it's so slow I use it less than once a month.

It feels like it takes half an hour or so, but I suspect it's probably
more like 10 minutes.

Most often I'm working with scanned engravings that have lots of
almost-parallel almost-horizontal lines, and the trouble is moiré-like
patterns that creep in. A gaussian blur before down-scaling, followed
by a sharpen, usually helps. We lost the old gimp 2.6 sharpen filter,
but the newer unsharp filter works.

Sometimes lohalo scales down without introducing the problems.

Liam

--
Liam R. E. Quin <liam holoweb net>