[Gimp-developer] Cubic Interpolation vs No Halo

I assume the reasoning behind using cubic as the default for all the scale
and transform tools is to cut back on the complaints of how slow GIMP is at
the moment, but the quality loss in the current cubic interpolation
algorithm is quite bad.

Can we shift the default to No Halo or Lo Halo?
Also, it's probably safe to assume that if the user chooses an
interpolation type in the tool, they are saying something about the quality
of the results they are after vs speed. I think setting the value in one
tool should set the value automatically in other tools, and treat it as a
"global" value of sorts.

It's just that I spend a lot of time lately switching to No halo for my
professional work.

Thoughts?

-C