Re: [Gimp-developer] [darktable-dev] Darktable plug-in in GIMP - Darktable for Windows?

Michael Natterer (mitch gimp org) wrote:
On Thu, 2016-04-28 at 15:43 -0400, Elle Stone wrote:
On 04/28/2016 03:40 PM, Elle Stone wrote:

Delete the following text from pluginrc after you uninstall
darktable,
and you can use a different raw plug-in:
Is there an "order of preference" in the pluginrc file such that if
user installs a raw plugin, the installed raw plugin would take
precedence over the built-in darktable raw plugin?

No there isn't but there will. This is work-in-progress. We'll
probably end up with the plug-in having to specify "I am a raw
importer", and a page in prefs to pick one of the installed
importers.

An alternate idea might be to en/disable the file-plugins manually in
the preferences. That would allow users to cut down on the number of
file format options in the dropdown in the file open dialog. That way
the really obscure file formats can be disabled and don't clutter the
list...

Bye,
        Simon
--