Re: [Gimp-developer] WGO Update Status

Also I was testing the static website on an old iphone. It detected
"ios" correctly and showed the downloads for "Unix-like systems".
This is kind of wrong because it could make people think that there is
a version for Iphone (many people barely — if at all — understand what
is ios, Unix, Windows, etc.).
I think that the detection algorithm should be like this:

1/ if detected: show the downloads for the detected system (that's
already done);

2/ if detected and we know this is not supported/available (so we can
prepare a list of OSes), show a proper message "GIMP is not supported
on this OS, sorry" and below this, the "Show downloads for GNU/Linux |
OS X | Microsoft Windows | All" message, and that's all.
This step allows to not misdirect the user into thinking we have
support for one's platform, in particular I am thinking of all the
smartphone OSes (iphone, Android, FirefoxOS, etc.).

3/ When detection fails or results into a system we have not planned,
just show a relevant message "We cannot recognize your system in our
list of supported systems" and below the list of supported systems,
and all the downloads.

Jehan

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 12:47 PM, Elle Stone