Re: [Gimp-developer] WGO Update Status

On 10/05/2015 09:37 PM, Jehan Pagès wrote:
Hi,

1/ Is it possible to force the download page at least to be https?
There are some companies which provides free certificates with root CA
in all mainstream browsers.

This would be a prerequisite to pretend to provide safe download. For
instance I see the page provides checksums, which is good but is half
meaningless if not provided through a secure channel like https (half
because it still allows download corruption check, but not malevolent
corruption integrity check).

Also regarding the download page, checksums are nice, but many users won't know why they are important or how to use them. Step by step instructions (or a link to same) would be nice. Probably different instructions would be needed for Linux, Windows, and Mac users.

I don't understand the point of the long list of tar.bz2 files. They almost look like they should be links.

It would be nice to see a link to Partha's website for Windows and Mac users. Leastways I always refer Windows users to Partha's builds.

There doesn't seem to be enough visual indication of when the "topic/subtopic" on the page has changed. Studying the contents, obviously there's a well-thought-out underlying outline/organization. But visually it's not obvious (well, not obvious to me anyway) where the major breaks are.

Elle