Re: [Gimp-developer] WGO Update Status

Even more feedback!  Yay! :D

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 5:46 AM Elle Stone <ellestone ninedegreesbelow com>
wrote:

Also regarding the download page, checksums are nice, but many users
won't know why they are important or how to use them. Step by step
instructions (or a link to same) would be nice. Probably different
instructions would be needed for Linux, Windows, and Mac users.

I agree!  I'll take a stab at some instructions (please correct me if I get
something wrong).

I don't understand the point of the long list of tar.bz2 files. They
almost look like they should be links.

I believe this list was provided with its associated md5 hashes to check
the integrity.  I'm not sure what the reason for the list is other than to
have it visible on the site for others to use if needed (or as a reference)?

It would be nice to see a link to Partha's website for Windows and Mac
users. Leastways I always refer Windows users to Partha's builds.

I'm not quite sure what's involved with listing/approving a particular
build on the "official" downloads page.  I'll be happy to include any
build, of course, but at the direction of the entire team.  So - is there
any reason not to include Partha's builds?  (I actually use his builds as
well on my windows machines occasionally).

There doesn't seem to be enough visual indication of when the
"topic/subtopic" on the page has changed. Studying the contents,
obviously there's a well-thought-out underlying outline/organization.
But visually it's not obvious (well, not obvious to me anyway) where the
major breaks are.

I'm adding some horizontal rules to see if it helps cue the section
change.  Thanks!