Re: [Gimp-developer] SGO to WGO Transition

On Mon, Nov 23, 2015 at 11:01 PM Chris Mohler <cr33dog gmail com> wrote:

Derailer here - asking for a webfont to be loaded is no less or more
secure than asking for an image to be loaded.  In other words, simply
resources to render properly - requesting a web font doesn't install
it in your system directory or anything.  It's just a one-time deal on
page load, just like an image.

These are my thoughts as well, but still we design for the least capability
first... :)

Performance is an issue though. I'm a bit appalled that 4 or 5 seconds
for "above the fold" seems to be OK.  But I'm a late intro to this
discussion, so maybe I'm off base.

4-5 seconds for above the fold content is _not_ ok.  It's also _not_
normal.  The example I used above was under load, throttled to a 1mbit/s
connection.  We're under heavy load these past few days, so don't judge the
page performance right now.  After some slight abatement recently I was
seeing 1-2 seconds for atf content, and 3-4 seconds for complete page load.
ymmv, but we haven't even started optimizing things yet.

Soon!