Re: [Gimp-developer] Create New Layer Button

Hi Elle. I may be one of the people you are looking for, Re: professional
Photoshop user who now does everything in GIMP. I'm at your service. Please
let me know how I can best help.
As an example, I have done luxury branding with GIMP and Inkscape that was
very well received at the CeBit convention in Hanover, earlier this month.
The website is www.alstoncraig.com, and I shot the models and scenes for
this separately myself, then edited them together in GIMP to look photo
realistic. I can provide full resolution shots if needed. All the product
shots are mine too, and done with GIMP. I would be happy to share my
various workflows with you and the team, if that will help. Honestly, the
biggest things that slow me down are adding alpha changes to imported image
files, and the lack of the unified transform tool, which I am very much
looking forward to. I also find myself having to turn off the guidelines on
perspective transform, and hiding the layer to edit phone screens onto the
fake devices we have for product photo shoots. The layer dialogue doesn't
bother me, because just hitting the enter key does the last thing, and now
that I know the shift click trick it will be even faster.

Let me know how I can help.
Thanks,
-C