Re: [Gimp-developer] Create New Layer Button

El vie, 27-03-2015 a las 09:16 -0400, Elle Stone escribió:
On 03/26/2015 08:16 PM, Ofnuts wrote:
It was also not so obvious to some more advanced users :) let's face it,
in a software with the breadth of Gimp, everyone is going to overlook
some feature.
+1.

I'm the kind of users who read the tooltips, so I knew the feature and
although I have no personal interest in having it changed, I wouldn't
mind if the behavior is reversed (clicking on new layer creates a new
transparent layer and shift+click brings the dialog for alternate
options).
It seems reasonable to require an extra click for committing extra
options and having the most commonly used option accessed quickly,
without interruptions to the workflow.

That being said, It's kind of depressing that being "people who read
tooltips" makes you an "advanced user". Come on, it's not that hard to
read at least once a program's tooltips and status bar  :-p

Gez