Re: [Gimp-developer] Useability enhancement request: unified/expanded file export dialog

Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 09:28:43 -0400
From: ellestone ninedegreesbelow com
To: gimp-developer-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Useability enhancement request: unified/expanded file export dialog

On 03/11/2015 05:05 PM, Ofnuts wrote:
For current Gimp there is the "Save for Web" plug-in that lets you
crop/scale the image. However it's not uncommon to do a little bit of
sharpening after a downscale, or maybe add some watermark... Better take
the habit to use Image>Duplicate. This creates an "untitled" image to
there is little risk to overwrite the original image with a scaled down
version(*).

True, usually resizing is followed by adding some sharpening and such. I
completely overlooked Image->Duplicate, so thanks! (not the first
"already there in plain sight" GIMP feature that I've overlooked).

Elle