Re: [Gimp-developer] Drop shadow - a question from an user - developer-version 2.9

On 9 February 2015 at 09:15, Alexandre Prokoudine
<alexandre prokoudine gmail com> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 2:10 PM, Joao S. O. Bueno wrote:

In this particular case, I am in favor of restoring the extra-layer
creation behavior, or at least have a checkbox
to imply it. The uses I myself make of "drop shadow" always require a
separate layer.

Yes, I've just tested it and it is definitely working here. Apart from
not allowing a separate layer,
the live-preview is a major enhancement. (but the default values could
not be worse)

Maybe you are stuck to an old binary version of the operator from an old build?

  js
 -><-

Joao,

Does this GEGL op do anything for you at all? Because it does
absolutely nothing for me (duly noted in
http://wiki.gimp.org/wiki/Hacking:Porting_filters_to_GEGL/UI_review),
seperate layer or no separate layer.

Alex