Re: [Gimp-developer] Drop shadow - a question from an user - developer-version 2.9

Although the filter is intended to work that way, I consider it to be a bug.

As you know, GIMP 2.9 is still under heavy development, an done of the
pending things is to find-put a way
to have the "classic" plug-ins installed back again on a running GIMP
- that way, any regressions such as this could
be work-arounded by installing the previous script.

In this particular case, I am in favor of restoring the extra-layer
creation behavior, or at least have a checkbox
to imply it. The uses I myself make of "drop shadow" always require a
separate layer.

 (For developers: I know that breaks the "a single gegl-op" paradigm
for such a plug-in - since it would have to fiddle with the image
layer stack - that means that some plug-ins can't simply become an op
with automated GUI, but have to be actually coded and call GEGL and
gimplib/pdb to manipulate the image)

For now, if you can find the "drop-shadow.scm" file from any gimp2.8
(or less) install and put it in yours scripts dir, it will work.

  js
 -><-