[Gimp-developer] Drop shadow - a question from an user - developer-version 2.9

Hello

OnIRC-Channel they told me, it ist better to ask the developer directly or write in the bug-report. So, I hope this is the right place now for my question.

I took a first look of the new development version 2.9. on my win7 system. Great work! My question: The new Filter “Drop Shadow” creates no extra layer. Is this a bug or a new feature?

It would be very importend for our work to get the shadow on an extra layer, because we need it for extra manipulations.
It will be nice, if we have the choice to merge down the layers or not.

Thanks for your time to get it fixed.
do-se (this is my nick in the gimp-world)