Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp in private schools and educational institutions

On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Alan Pater <alan pater gmail com> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 1:47 PM, Nathan Summers <rockwalrus gmail com> wrote:
I wouldn't have wanted my name associated with something called "GIMP"
if I had known what the word meant when I started contributing to it.

gimp
noun
1. twisted silk, worsted, or cotton with cord or wire running through
it, used chiefly as upholstery trimming. (in lacemaking) coarser
thread that forms the outline of the design in some techniques.
2. fishing line made of silk bound with wire.

If you think that either of these meanings are what Spencer and Peter
had in mind when they named the program, you're even more naive than
I.  :)

Rockwalrus