Re: [Gimp-developer] Gimp in private schools and educational institutions

The name is a blocker in some US schools with teachers or student parents that over-sensitive (and somewhat dirty-minded, since "gimp" has other meanings in English).

By the way, one of the most popular Web server software is called Apache. In French, it is also slang for a street robber and any person of ill repute. Doesn't make it any less popular with corporate IT.