Re: [Gimp-developer] Partnership with Training Centre

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 4:23 PM, Jehan Pagès wrote:

Personally I would be most grateful if people stopped using those and

Why?

I understand that some people have sentimental feelings for them, but
the design is out of date. GIMP is a tool for artists, it should have
strong _contemporary_ branding (although I do realize we are talking
about an application with a cheeky mascot for logo :)).

Promoting the use of old logos is like shipping the patterns from 90s
or the scripts that generate Web 1.0 graphics. We've been doing it
mostly because it was ever so. I guess my question is: do we, in fact,
have a good reason to keep doing that?

started using the current GIMP icons by Jimmac.

Do you have a link?

https://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/tree/desktop

Alex