Re: [Gimp-developer] Partnership with Training Centre

Hello,

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 7:11 AM, P. Manickam <manickam avantika com my> wrote:
Greetings,
My name is Manickam, representing Avantika Training and Development Centre
from Malaysia. I am an active user of GIMP and would like to provide image
editing course using GIMP to local school students.

Cool. We will be interested to know how it goes. Do not hesitate to
report back later and tell us more.

The reason I am writing to you is to ask permission on using your
organization logo in our product (certificate).

If you mean the images of Wilber, our mascot, I believe you don't have
to ask permission to use these. From the statement on this page:
http://www.gimp.org/about/linking.html
You can fully and freely copy and use them, you must only ask for modification.

As an exchange, we would
like to donate a portion of our training fee to your organization.

Well as said above, you don't have to do so, if you just wish to use
Wilber's image. This said, the GIMP project always appreciates help,
and would be grateful if you still decide to donate. Not necessarily
as an "exchange", but out of good will. :-)
You will find our donation page here: http://www.gimp.org/donating/

In looking forward on the long term, we may promote your product into
national level in Malaysia.

Nice to read. Tell us how this part goes too! I have stayed in
Malaysia for a month and a half, a long time ago. Very hot and very
wet, but still a lot of nice memory. :-)

Have fun with GIMP!

Jehan

Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Regards,