Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gimp-user] Time to fork BABL and GEGL

On 11/21/2014 09:43 AM, Øyvind Kolås wrote:
On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 2:05 PM, Elle Stone
<ellestone ninedegreesbelow com> wrote:
Again, my apologies for being snippy. Hopefully I haven't bored you all to
tears trying to explain problems with editing in the unbounded sRGB color
space.

For personal reasons (time constraints), I'm at least temporarily
unsubscribing from various mailing lists, including this one.

GIMP is amazing and I feel very honored that you all have allowed me to work
with you on GIMP color management.

Based on some of the last few exchanges it seems like you are in
almost complete agreement with the babl part of the "babl roadmap",
and only disagree on some of the direction GEGL should be taking once
the babl roadmap has been implemented, and the results of added
capabilities to babl start propagating through GEGL and GIMP. We've
spent much energy discussing the future instead of making it happen. I
hope you've got the energy to continue help us in more productive ways
once we've got more of those plans in place.

/pippin

Once things are in place, I would love to continue working towards improving GIMP color management. Hopefully by the time spring rolls around those "time constraints" I mentioned might have loosened up a bit.

As to whether or how much the discussions in the last month have been productive, well, that's a point on which there would be probably be considerable disagreement.

Best regards,
Elle