Re: [Gimp-developer] [Gimp-user] Time to fork BABL and GEGL

On 19 November 2014 23:57, Elle Stone <ellestone ninedegreesbelow com>
wrote:

In case you don't understand this, HDR sRGB data is still *bounded* by the
sRGB xy chromaticities. It's only unbounded along the Y axis. There are NO
negative channel values in HDR sRGB data unless the *user* chooses to do
something odd, in which case the *user* is responsible for fixing the
results.

Doesn't this contradict with the following, from your recent mail? (I don't
know what particularly is the definition of HDR used)

"We've also agreed that for chromaticity independent RGB editing operations
("CI ops", for short), by definition the same colors (as located in the XYZ
reference color space) are obtained regardless of the chromaticities that
are used to encode the data."

--
Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com