Re: [Gimp-developer] Two questions about updating GIMP from git

Here are two scripts that I use to help keep git up to date. The first
updates my git checkouts, and the second cleans out any build files
(which is useful to run from time to time). They require $SRC_DIR to
be set to the directory that your babl/gegl/gimp checkouts are under,
and $INSTALL_PREFIX must be the location of your install prefix.

The main key to these script is that the first line is "#!/bin/bash
-e". The -e argument to bash means that if any command in the script
fails, then the script will exit immediately, instead of continuing to
the next command.

upd.sh:

#!/bin/bash -e

build () {
    cd $SRC_DIR/$1

    git pull --rebase

    if [ ! -f ./Makefile ];
    then
        ./autogen.sh --prefix=$INSTALL_PREFIX --enable-fast-install $2
    fi

    make
    make install
}

build babl
build gegl "--enable-gtk-doc --enable-debug"
build gimp

clean.sh:

#!/bin/bash

rm -r $INSTALL_PREFIX
mkdir $INSTALL_PREFIX

clean () {
    cd $SRC_DIR/$1
    git clean -Xdf
    git pull --rebase
}

clean babl
clean gegl
clean gimp

Hopefully this helps.

  -- drawoc

On Tue, Mar 11, 2014 at 7:37 AM, Elle Stone