Re: [Gimp-developer] Blend Tool UI

Michael Natterer <mitch gimp org> wrote:

On Wed, 2014-06-25 at 12:53 +0200, peter sikking wrote:

- you can drop the line because the gradient is there to
 represent itself; saves on clutter.

I would rather keep the line, but make it draggable. The first
thing I found missing when trying the new tool was a way to
move both control points at the same time. We could use our
default Alt-Modifier for that, but I think simply dragging the
line is more natural and obvious, especially when hinted by
hover effects like the line changing and/or the mouse cursor
changing.

Additionally, the line is useful for determining the slope of the gradient.
Frequently I need a gradient to match a specific angle of something else in my
image (or be perfectly orthogonal). The line helps visualize this.

  -Jason