Re: [Gimp-developer] Blend Tool UI

On Wed, 2014-06-25 at 12:53 +0200, peter sikking wrote:

- you can drop the line because the gradient is there to
 represent itself; saves on clutter.

I would rather keep the line, but make it draggable. The first
thing I found missing when trying the new tool was a way to
move both control points at the same time. We could use our
default Alt-Modifier for that, but I think simply dragging the
line is more natural and obvious, especially when hinted by
hover effects like the line changing and/or the mouse cursor
changing.

- make the control points big (30–50px diameter) and essentially
transparent; clearly mark the centre where the co-ordinate is.

Not so sure about this, but has to be tried. I personally prefer
smaller control points, but that might change when experimenting
around.

In any case I'm pretty sure that the handle size should be
consistent with other tools that use "line and handles" UI,
such as vectors or free select.

--mitch