Re: [Gimp-developer] Getting contributors via OpenHatch

On 02/06/14 05:13, scl wrote:

On  1.6.2014 at 9:49 PM Ofnuts wrote:
If you include in it the page from LightningIsMyName that it links to,
definitely...

Call me cynical, but someone that needs really more detailed
instructions will likely not have the programming background to be a
useful Gimp developer. Of course I expect potential Gimp contributors to
be somewhat "already-knowledgeable", at least in the basics of Linux
application development.

I would not reduce it to only Linux development:
We have a big lack of Windows developers or they have not enough
time, so Windows developers are very welcome, too.

And: contributions are not only coding. For example user support,
bug reporting and triaging, documentation, translation, contributing
high-quality assets, test and constructive user feedback/domain
guidance, website maintenance are also contributions and they don't
need knowledge of Linux application development.

I totally agree with that, but I'll add that these people don't really need to build their own Gimp either.