Re: [Gimp-developer] how far from 2.10?

On 2 January 2014 16:05, Michael Natterer <mitch gimp org> wrote:
On Thu, 2014-01-02 at 00:48 +0100, Ofnuts wrote:
In the usual V.R.M numbering, the situation above is typically when you
change the version number (and maybe the file extension)... because my
point here is not the (completely understandable) incompatibilities, it
their understatement by calling the next version 2.10.

It's called 2.10 because it's binary and source compatible to 2.x.
We did not remove any functions, we only deprecated. That's the
only thing that counts, not how much has changed behind the
public API.

This means that plugins/scripts that worked in 2.8 should work in 2.10
and if things break it is considered a bug. So please report such
issues in bugzilla!

--
Jon Nordby - www.jonnor.com