Re: [Gimp-developer] how far from 2.10?

On 31 December 2013 23:26, Ofnuts <ofnuts laposte net> wrote:
it looks like many plugins won't work anymore and will need
seroius rework...

On 01/01/2014 03:10 PM, Jon Nordby wrote:
Which plugins do you expect not to work anymore, and why?

I'm sure this isn't what Ofnuts was talking about, but I've noticed
that with git master gimp and the xsane plug-in that's in Debian sid,
I have to dismiss a deprecation warning dialog for every page I scan,
which is rather annoying since it messes with window focus.
I don't get the warning in 2.8. (Sorry to be so nonspecific -- my
scanner is packed away right now so I can't easily regenerate the
warning, but if deprecation dialogs are unexpected I'd be happy
to chase down the details and file a bug.)

Obviously this isn't a "won't work any more" nor is it "serious
rework" -- scans still work, and it's probably just a one-line change
to xsane to make the warning go away. (I've hit some deprecation
warnings in my own plug-ins, and fixing them is always very easy.)
But it is an annoyance when using a pre-compiled plug-in, so I
switched back to 2.8 for scanning.

It is kind of a shame that GIMP shows a dialog every time for
deprecations ... might be nicer if it could show it once then be
quiet about it for the rest of the session, since it's not something
the user can do anything about.

        ...Akkana