Re: [Gimp-developer] Jenkins infrastructure (Was: Jenkins tutorial)

On February 27, 2014 6:03:59 AM CET, scl <scl gplus gmail com> wrote:

how about building the website on Jenkins, too?
This would unfetter us from asking regularly in IRC whether 'somebody
is around who can update the website', i.e. streamline our website
maintenance process.

On IRC, I've asked for hints about how to get this back to the old commit triggered workflow on cube, but
don't remember any replies. I'm pretty sure this can't be much work.

The build time itself is less than 30 seconds, abigger tipic is to discuss what we want on the site.

The newly generated website could then be fetched
the same way like the we currently do with the API docs.

Manually, unless this has changed since the last time I updated it?

To still be able to review the commits we could agree to either use
a separate branch (a review branch or feature branch)

This is why I recently asked mitch about resurrecting/creating at least one other virtual host for creative
testing.

or commit patches only via Bugzilla,

We need more discussion about some things, at least. Getting a 'Help, what is this going to achieve?' feeling
for a new tutorial like thr most recent one isn't optimal, especially if it makes us postpone a site update.

or we later use a review tool like [Gerrit] (in co-ordination with GNOME).

I think we should start to have semi-regular meetings on IRC, logged and those logs published.

--
Regards,
Michael