Re: [Gimp-developer] HELP with SYMBOLIC icon theme for Gimp.

El 29/10/13 01:57, Jehan Pagès escribió:
Hi,

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 8:15 AM, jEsuSdA 8) <listas jesusda com> wrote:
El 28/10/13 18:37, Alexandre Prokoudine escribió:

Is your theme from October 4 the latest version?

Here is the latest version:

http://www.jesusda.com/files/symbolic-gimp.7z

Reading Sven email about a possible licensing issue, and if I
understand, you are the author of the icon set. Would you accept to
double license your work under a GPL license? I guess this would
simplify the whole discussion and problematic.

I am not the author of all icons. The main work was made by the Gnome Design Team (I think Jimmac has made this nice work). I transformed and created new ones, and I converted all the work to a gimp theme.

I have absolutely no problem to license and relicense this theme. I think there are no problem about that and I made this work not only for me, but for all gimp users.

So, if you think a dual license or relicense of the work it will be fine, then all is ok for me. ;)

Of course, you must ask Jimmac too.

By the way, Sven, which GPL version is the theme?

Anyway yes, I would love to see a dark theme with a renewed icon set
available in GIMP 2.10. :-)

The problem with CC and GPL appears to be when you include the icons in binary files. As both CC and GPL forces to mantain the same license in derivative works, is not posible to include the icon in a gimp binary and mantain the software on GPL or mantain the icons in CC, cause is the same file.

The Gimp icons ARE NOT COMPILED, are ONLY USED, and anybody can EXTRACT and MANIPULATE the icons mantaining the CC license restrictions, so, I think it is possible include a set of CC icons in Gimp and this not violate CC and GPL, cause GPL is for code and CC is for the icon theme.

Is the same case as help files or plugins. They can use other licenses, cause you can clearly separate the help files or plugin from main gimp application.

I undertand this when reading the Sven mail. I'm wrong or wright?

Thank you!
jEsuSdA 8)