Re: [Gimp-developer] Next minor release?

On Fri, Oct 4, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Jehan Pagès wrote:

It was the reason of why italic/bold could not be simulated anymore in
2.8.6 for Windows.

And I suggest we keep it that way. Committing crime against typography
isn't going to make us popular among professionals.

Well I personally have no opinion there. But I know that some people
liked this. And in this case, I would say that this should not be our
call. If people want simulated italic/bold, why prevent them?

Because fake italics and bold faces are an abomination :)

http://tavmjong.free.fr/blog/?p=822

Alexandre