Re: [Gimp-developer] gimp-plugin profiling

Hi,

Thank for you interest. Today I spent some time reading about perf - it is quite complex tool or rather it measures things that I am not familiar with. However I did some primitive testing and got this output:

____7729.437618_task-clock________________#____0.386_CPUs_utilized__________
___________8556_context-switches__________#____0.001_M/sec__________________
______________0_cpu-migrations____________#____0.000_K/sec__________________
____________899_page-faults_______________#____0.116_K/sec__________________
____20346686795_cycles____________________#____2.632_GHz_____________________[92.65%]
______________0_stalled-cycles-frontend___#____0.00%_frontend_cycles_idle____[99.92%]
______588881284_stalled-cycles-backend____#____2.89%_backend__cycles_idle____[67.69%]
_____2234245557_instructions______________#____0.11__insns_per_cycle________
______931561726_branches__________________#__120.521_M/sec___________________[77.62%]
_____1877007958_branch-misses_____________#__201.49%_of_all_branches_________[84.88%]

I dont dare to interpret it, but the "201.49%" in last line was in red so there is obviously a problem there. Here I would start.

If you (or anybody else) can point me at some source on internet I would be thankfull. Or perhaps shortly explain how to mitigate the problem. But I understand this is not gimp-specific issue...

BTW, I consider my question answered now, thanks :)

Tibor