Re: [Gimp-developer] Writing a totally different UI for GIMP

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 7:14 PM, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
Hi all,
  a parallel-universe question: if I were to make a gimp-like application
(just somewhat simpler and more limited) with a different UI and toolkit
(say, QML), are there some parts of the GIMP codebase that would be useful
to me, or would I be better forget about it and start with just using GEGL?

I see that the GIMP codebase consists of many different libs, but I don't
have a clear picture of what they do and how much they depend on Gtk.

Just use GEGL and https://git.gnome.org/browse/gegl-qt

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org