Re: [Gimp-developer] GIMP python (pythonfu) plugin: How to include the PreviewArea from gimpui

Bertrand Denoix writes:
On 07/20/2013 07:22 PM, Akkana Peck wrote:
But Python does allow you to write any UI you want -- you have the
full pygtk library available. So you could make a scaled-down
version of the image, do your preview operations to it, and show
it in a drawing area.

Not too realistic...  pixel-oriented  operations in python would be
much to slow to be usable in a preview

Anything you can do to the full image in Python, you can do a lot
faster to a thumbnail-sized preview, surely?

And pixel operations can be remarkably fast in Python (or remarkably
slow, depending on how you set them up). Following methods of GIMP
Python expert Joao Bueno, I got my arclayer Python plug-in running
nearly as fast as the C version. The write-up:
http://shallowsky.com/blog/gimp/pygimp-pixel-ops.html

        ...Akkana