Re: [Gimp-developer] Selection lost while working on multiple images (GTK #694060)

> Subject: Re: [Gimp-developer] Selection lost while working on multiple images (GTK #694060)
> From: mitch gimp org
> To: gespertino gmail com
> CC: strata_ranger hotmail com; gimp-developer-list gnome org
> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 19:37:32 +0100
>
> The bug is that rect and ellipse select are modifying the selection
> on the fly, and abuse the undo system to do their stuff.
>
> Aborting the current tool operation when switching images is however
> completely normal and is not going to change, sorry.
>
> --mitch

Just a little PS before I go clock out for some 40 winks (getting too worked up over a discussion never helps) -- this feels oddly relevant to the discussion.

http://xkcd.com/1014/

-- Stratadrake
strata_ranger hotmail com