Re: [Gimp-developer] GSoC 2013 Guidelines

On Mon, Feb 18, 2013 at 12:10 AM, Tejas Nikumbh <tejasnikumbh gmail com> wrote:

I am Tejas Nikumbh, an undergrad at Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. I will be participating in GSoC
this year. [GSoC 2013]. In order to imporve my chances for getting selected this year, I would like to
start contributing early on to Open Source development via gimp.
Here's a little background info :

Languages proficient in : Java, Python, Javascript [+jQuery] , HTML[+HTML5 Canvas], CSS [+CSS3]. C++ should
be on the list soon.

CS Theory : Discrete Math, Probablity and Random Processes, Data Structures and Algorithms.

SVN : Github, Mercurial
.
Basic Machine learning [Regression algos and some classification algos]

Based on the above info, are there any projects at gimp which might suit me?

Also, Picking up something reasonable quickly shouldn't be a problem.

Hi Tejas,

Since GIMP is written in C, it might be not quite easy for you to
participate. But then again, Mitch has been known to claim that there
is nothing to know about C :)

Personally, I think that caring about something a lot is 33% of the
job done. Hence if I were you, I'd ask myself, what things in GIMP I
want improved or made available. Then I would try to match them to my
skills.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org