Re: [Gimp-developer] Change Request: Redesign the "Color Balance" UI

El 10/02/13 15:57, Alexandre Prokoudine escribió:
On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 10:36 PM, Timo Witte wrote:
I used "Color Balance" a lot recently. And i want to propose a redesign
of the UI to make it more intuitive. I have made a quick mockup of that:
http://files.spacefish.biz/gimp/new_color_correction_menu.png
Maybe i got this wrong, but isn´t the "Color Balance" menu just a simple
3-Way Color Correction Panel?

http://i.imgur.com/PhaXziO.png would probably be a slightly more
traditional rendering :)

What do you think about the idea?

I guess some people would like to retain numeric input, but that's
just my gut feeling. For me 3-way would be preferable.

The tool could offer both methods so users can choose.
Actually, Blender has two different methods: Lift/Gamma/Gain and Offset/Power/Slope (the second is the ASC-CDL standard exchange format for color grading). If the 3-way UI and the current numeric inputs have a correspondence, users could change between modes without loosing the grading.

Boosting the color balance tool to add this new stuff sounds like a really cool GSoC project, especially now that making GIMP suitable for VFX work became one of the targets.

Gez